The Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program is a three-month internship that intends to balance a dose of theory with real-world application and equip participants with the requisite multi-disciplinary intellectual development, practical skills, and research abilities to think in more innovative ways to solve complex governance challenges. The Program is also a strategy to build a pipeline of young pan-African leaders to provide a sustainable path for good governance.
The core of our ambition is to train and nurture young people in an enabling working environment through a structured capacity development process. These will include training on transformational leadership development, professional and career development, and digital communication and technology skills. Essentially, beyond the technical training in resource governance, interns will be exposed to the tools and guidance needed to set and achieve realistic personal and professional goals, coupled with well-rounded and ethical leadership training.
Scholarship provider: African Centre for Energy Policies
Opportunity Category: Internship
Eligible Countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone
Programme Duration: Six (6) Months
Application Closing Date: August 18, 2023
ACEP will provide:
- Support for growth and development through:
- Opportunities for training and development.
- Coaching, mentorship, and peer support create creativity and innovation room.
- A generous stipend and free lunch for the duration of the internship.
- Decent accommodation for international interns.
- Applicants must be a young African who demonstrates a passion for ensuring the vast extractive resources in Africa translates to sustainable and inclusive development. Among others, the candidate must possess:
- Relevant academic qualifications, preferably in any or a combination of economics (including energy), engineering (petroleum/electrical), oil and gas management, public policy, law, political economy, development studies, development finance, project management, communications, statistics, and mathematics etc.
- Good writing skills with clarity and logical flow of thought.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant qualitative and quantitative analytical tools (R, Stata, Eviews, NVivo, Atlas.ti etc.).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- The ability to think creatively and take the initiative in solving problems.
- A good sense of ownership and responsibility for his/her decisions and actions.
- A strong sense of leadership.
– CV / Resume
– Introductory / Recommendation Letter (Academic, Professional, or Character)*
– Proof of Residency / Work Permit (Only for Non-Ghanaians)
– National Service Certificate (If Applicable)
How to Apply for the 2023 ACEP Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program
Interested applicants that meet the eligibility criteria are to submit their applications on the application portal. There would be an entry test and an interview as part of the recruitment process. Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted. Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to apply. Visit the ACEP official announcement page for more details.