An ebook is a book in electronic format. It is downloaded to a computer, PC, Mac, laptop, tablet, smartphone or any other kind of reading device, and is read on the screen. It can have numbered pages, table of contents, pictures and graphics, exactly like a printed book.
Ebooks offer many benefits and advantages, and this article shows a few of them.
It is very simple and easy to purchase and download ebooks through the Internet. It is exactly like purchasing any other product. The only difference is that after payment you will either be directed to a download page or receive the download link in an email. All you have to do is click on the link and the ebook will automatically download to your computer, to a folder of your own choice.
After download you don’t have to be connected to the Internet in order to read the ebook. You can stay offline. If you wish to have it printed, it is very easy. Just click on the print button in the ebook, to print it with your home printer.
What are the benefits and advantages of ebooks?
1. Ebooks are delivered almost instantaneously.
You can purchase, download and start reading them within minutes, without leaving your chair. You don’t have to go to a bookstore to buy them, neither wait for them for days, weeks and sometimes more to arrive in the mail.
2. No trees are required to manufacture paper for the pages of ebooks.
3. When you need certain information, you can get it immediately, by downloading an ebook.
4. Many ebooks are sold nowadays with bonuses, which you usually do not get with a printed book. This adds value to your purchase.
5. Ebooks take up less space. You practically don’t need any space to store them, you don’t need a library or a room for them, in fact you can store hundreds and thousands of ebooks on your computer or reading device.
6. Ebooks are portable. You can carry a whole library of hundreds of books with you, on CD, in a laptop, notebook or any ebook reader, without worrying about their weight.
7. With today’s technology you can read ebooks everywhere, on the bus, train, airplane, and while standing in line.
8. You can carry with you a great number of ebooks wherever you go, which you cannot do with ordinary books.
Other Advantages of Ebooks
9. It can show links, for easy access to more information and related websites.
10. It’s searchable. You can easily search for any information in an ebook, instead of turning page after page.
11. Ebooks can be interactive and contain audio, video and animations, which can enhance the message that the author is trying to convey.
12. Since ebooks are delivered through the Internet, there are no packing and shipping expenses.
13. Ebooks can be printable, so that if you wish to read an ebook in the traditional way, you can very inexpensively print it with your home printer or at any printing shop.
14. Fonts in ebooks can be resized, making it easier to read for people with disabilities. With an additional software it is possible to turn some of the ebooks into audio books.
15. Ebooks are very easy to sell and distribute.
16. It is very simple and easy to purchase and download an ebook.
An ebook can be access anywhere, be it you live in a big modernized city, in a remote village in a far away country or on a small island, can equally access an ebook. It takes them the same amount of time to purchase and download an ebook, provided they have an Internet connection.
17. It is possible to purchase an ebook 24 hours a day, every day of the year, from the comfort of your own house or office. You can purchase and download an ebook, even if you are on a vacation, all you need is a laptop, tablet. smartphone, or a reading device, and wireless Internet connection.
18. Many people are already spending a lot of time in front of their computers, so why not read and ebook, instead of doing some other things which are not productive.
Written by By Remez Sasson
Source: Success consciousness