Are you an African national between the ages 18 and 30? Are you leading a project that directly works with and empowers women farmers in Africa? If Your answer is YES, EVWA Changemakers Campaign 2022 is calling.
EVWA Changemakers is an annual 30 under 30 campaign, which recognizes and gives a platform to exceptional young Africans, who lead projects that contribute to the empowerment of women farmers.
The Elevating the Voices of Women in Agriculture (EVWA) Campaign aims to raise awareness of the lived realities of women farmers in Africa.
With the EVWA Campaign, the BKMC is on a mission to highlight and galvanize action for the empowerment of women farmers in Africa. Women account for nearly half of the world’s smallholder farmers. In Africa, they produce 70% of the continent’s food. Yet, they are the most vulnerable members of the farming community, facing obstacles accessing land, finances, education, and more, because of gender inequalities and our changing climate.
The EVWA Changemakers Campaign highlights projects led by young African leaders, who are creating impact to empower women farmers in Africa. Join our efforts to advocate for the achievement of SDG 2 Zero Hunger, SDG 5 Gender Equality and SDG 13 Climate
Action. Become an EVWA Changemaker!
10 July 2022 – Call for Nominations CLOSING
July 2022 – EVWA Changemakers NOTIFICATION
September 2022 – EVWA Changemakers PROMOTION
- 5.000 USD seed-funding award to scale the impact of this project.
- opportunity to be part of an exciting multimedia documentary production.
- Applicants must be African nationals between the ages 18 and 30
- Applicants should be fluent and confident to speak and write in English
- Are you leading a project that directly works with and empowers women farmers in Africa
At the final stage of the nomination process you will be prompted to attach the following:
- a 30-second video of yourself in which you introduce yourself with your name, nationality, and the name of your project and explain why you think you should be among the EVWA Changemakers (You will record this video online during the nomination process. There is no need to pre-record the video!)
- your CV
- a picture of yourself (portrait)
- a picture of your project (in-action)
- if available, a picture of the mentioned woman farmer
How to Apply for EVWA Changemakers Campaign 2022
Application of the EVWA Changemakers Campaign 2022 is strictly online via the official EVWA application portal. Click the apply now button below to apply. For more details, visit the official BKMC page.