This scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU. The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) provides this scholarship with the aim of enhancing the international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must first apply to APU. APU will then select eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organization.
Scholarship provider: Japanese Government (MEXT)
Study Institution: Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
Degree Category: Masters & PhD
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: November 15, 2023
- Intend to study abroad in Japan overseas
- Be a national of a MEXT-designated country
- Be born on or after April 2, 1989
- Have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university
- Full admission fee
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
How to Apply for MEXT Postgraduate Scholarship at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
- Submit the APU application by November 15, 2023 (for September 2023 Enrollment). April enrollment not available. Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT application documents to APU.
- Interested applicants are to apply via the official application link. Click the Apply Now button below to apply. Visit the official announcement page for more details.