Netflix has announced the application for the 2022 Netflix Creative Equity Scholarships for Nigeria, West & Central Africa.
Currently, many young Africans in the creative space struggle with access to adequate resources to support their journey, though strong academic institutions do exist on the continent. Netflix Scholarships aim to address this challenge by boosting financial support to Sub-Saharan African youth and empowering them in their pursuit of knowledge and skills in the creative academic field. This fund will enable them to access the highest quality programs and institutions in the region.
The size of the scholarship fund will be defined on a case-by-case basis considering the TV/Film school program cost and the country average living cost,but it will include tuition fees, study material fees, accommodation and living expenses.
Scholarship provider: Netflix
Eligible Country: Africans (Nigeria, West & Central Africa)
Application Closing Date: September 4th, 2022
The scholarship program is open to individuals who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of and currently living in a West or Central African country:
West Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo
Central Africa: Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Republic, , Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, São Tomé & Principe
Note: Applicants who are citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo(DRC) are covered by the Southern African Development Community (SADC) program
- Applicants must be enrolledin the partner institutions,namely:
– National Film and Television Institute (NAFTI) Ghana
– National Film Institute Jos Nigeria
– Pan-Atlantic University–Nigeria
– Institut Philippe Maury de l’Audiovisuel et du Cinéma (IPMAC) du groupe EM, Gabon Université (EMGU)–Gabon
– Institut Supérieur des Métiers de l’Audiovisuel (ISMA) – Benin
- Applicants must have been studying TV/Cinema industry related courses
Note: Although the scholarship program is open to all students enrolled in TV and film programs, priority will be given to those who are graduating within two years of applying
- Applicants will be asked to submit their2022 transcripts, certificates, proof of enrollment, a recommendation letter from a mentor/professor/trainer, and a recognition award if relevant.
- The scholarship fund will cover the costs for tuition, accommodation, study materials and living expenses at institutions where beneficiaries have gained admission to pursue a course of study in the TV & film disciplines in the 2022 academic year.
How to Apply for the 2022 Netflix Creative Equity Scholarships for Nigeria, West & Central Africa
Interested applicants are to apply via the official application link. Click the Apply Now button below to apply. Visit the official announcement page for more details.