The goal of the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals is to create future leaders who will support both sustainable development and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development of the United Nations. The applicants should be able to articulate how their education will help their home nations and areas thrive sustainably. About 350 master’s degree scholarships will be awarded by the Swedish Institute in 2023 for study in Sweden.
The scholarship is supported by the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is designed for full-time, one- or two-year master’s programs. The Swedish Institute releases an annual call for applications for master’s programs starting in the fall semester. In order to have a successful application, make sure to be eligible, complete all steps of the process, and that you have the documentation required to finalise your application in time. Please read through the following pages carefully. You’ll find the list of eligible master programmes for the SISGP call for application academic year 2023/2024 here.
Scholarship provider: Swedish Government
Degree Category: Masters
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: 16 January 2023
- You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships. However, you do not need to reside in the country at the time of the application. (Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.)
- You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 30 of March 2023.
- You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience. In addition, you must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employer, or from civil society engagement.
- The master’s programmes you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give priority to programmes within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 11,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Travel Grant. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Professionals (NFGP) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development.
- CV (we only accept the SI-template)
- Letters of reference (we only accept the SI-template)
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience (we only accept the SI-template)
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.