The UNDP African Young Women Leaders(AfYWL) Fellowship Programme is a partnership between the African Union Commission (AUC) and the United Nations Development Programme(UNDP)
The African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme offers an interesting 12 months assignment with UNDP at its HQ in New York or in one of its regional or country offices. There will be no placement in hardship locations.
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 13 August 2023
The AfYWL Fellowship Programme is a partnership under the framework of the AUC Chairperson’s 1 Million Next Level Initiative, which aims to provide opportunities for African youth in the key areas of Education, Employment, Entrepreneurship and Engagement, and mainstream youth and women in key development spaces. This exciting partnership aims to build a new generation of young African women leaders and experts to serve Africa and the world in designing and implementing development programmes in the context of the SDGs and Agenda 2063.
The Fellowship Programme will explore different areas of development within the six strategic impact areas of UNDP’s Renewed Strategic Offer in Africa:
1) Natural Resource Governance;
2) Youth and Women’s Employment and Empowerment;
3) Structural Economic Transformation;
4) Sustainable Energy;
5) Climate Change;
6) Peace and Security.
- Female candidates accepted only
- National of an African Union member state.
- Maximum Age of 30 at the date of application.
- Available in 2023/2024 to dedicate 12 months for a fellowship assignment.
- Available early 2024 to participate in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (timing to be confirmed/all costs covered).
- Completed Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, Law, Communications, Digitalization or other related development field.
- Willing to relocate to duty station, live and work outside country of residence on an assignment which leverages on your skills & potential.
- Understanding of, and interest in, poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs and Agenda 2063.
- Capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, and ability to evaluate and analyze information accurately in order to identify key issues and solutions.
- Additional expertise and background in digital transformation, strategic partnerships and communications, development intelligence and innovation will also be considered.
- The Fellowship programme will cover expenses related to travel and medical insurance for the fellow only.
- Each fellow will receive a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and basic living costs at their respective duty station.
- In addition, paid leave and an earmarked learning budget will be allocated for undertaking relevant learning and development activities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Click here to check the official announcement page for more details about the application process.