[Apply Now] 2023 Chinese Government Scholarships for International Students
The Chinese government awards scholarships to bright students and academics from around the world so that they can attend Chinese institutions for graduate study or conduct research there. This is done to foster more international understanding and friendship, as well as to increase China’s engagement in international exchange and cooperation. The acceptance, enrolment, and administration of Chinese Government Scholarship recipients are the responsibility of the China Scholarship Council (CSC), an organization tasked with this responsibility by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Chinese Government Scholarship programs sponsor undergraduates, postgraduates, general and senior scholars. The Chinese Government Scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language (preparatory) study. The language courses last one year, whereas the duration of the scholarship for major study conforms to that as required.
Designated Chinese universities offer scholarship recipients academic programs in science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, economics, law, management, education, history, literature, philosophy, and fine arts, among others. Please visit the website (http://www.campuschina.org) for further information about designated Chinese universities and majors they offer
Scholarship provider: Chinese Government
Degree Category: Bachelors, Masters & PhD
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: Not Stated
- Tuition fees;
- Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy;
– Undergraduates: CNY 2,500 per month;
– Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;
– Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Comprehensive medical insurance:
– CNY 800 per person per year;
– CNY 400 per person (for programs lasting less than six months)
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be a citizen of a country other than the PRC and in good health both mentally and physically;
- be an academically excellent holder of high school diploma or its equivalent under the age of 25 when applying for an undergraduate program;
- be an academically excellent holder of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 35 when applying for a Master’s program;
- be an academically excellent holder of a Master’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 40 when applying for a doctoral program;
- be a holder of a high school diploma (or higher) under the age of 45 when applying for a general scholar program;
- be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for a senior scholar program;
- have passed the HSK (Level 3) when applying for a Chinese-taught undergraduate or general scholar program (excluding Chinese language majors);
- have passed the HSK (Level 3) when applying for a Chinese-taught senior scholar program;
- have passed the HSK (Level 4) when applying for a Chinese-taught postgraduate program;
- meet the admission requirements of the university of preference in terms of language proficiency and academic ability, among others, when applying for a program taught in a language other than Chinese.
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.