Application for the 2023 Italian Government Scholarship for International Students. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) offers grants in favor of foreign citizens* and Italian citizens living abroad (IRE)** for the academic year 2023-24 in order to foster international cooperation in cultural, scientific and technological fields, to promote Italian language and culture and to support Italy’s economic system in the world (according to Law 288/55 and its subsequent changes and additions).
Grants are offered to complete study courses and research/training programs in public or legally recognized Italian educational institutions. Scholarships are available to attend academic courses onsite on the Italian territory only.
Organizer: Italian Government
Degree Category: Postgraduate
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: June 9th, 2023
- Applications must only be submitted by foreign and Italian students living abroad (IRE)* holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll to the Italian University/Institute
- Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture advanced Courses should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 28 years by the deadline of this call (born after June 9th 1994), with the sole exception of renewals.
- Applicants for PhD Programmes should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 30 years by the deadline of this call (born after June 9th 1992), with the sole exception of renewals.
- Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 40 years by the deadline of this call (born after June 9th 1982).
- In order to enroll in an English-taught course, applicants must provide a language certification regarding their proficiency in English Language. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Full Tuition Fee
- Grantees will be covered by a collective health and medical insurance, contracted by MAECI, in case of illness or accident. The insurance is valid exclusively for the duration of the grant.
- Monthly Stipends of 900 Euro
How to Apply
Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Click here to check the official announcement page for more details about the application process.