The 2023 Multichoice Talent Factory Academy programme is designed for upcoming talents to learn from some of the leading Industry experts in the country, while acquiring valuable experience in directing, producing, cinematography, commissioning, art direction and many other skills.
The 12-month fully-funded training programme requires students to be enrolled at the academies full time and they will be based in either Zambia, Kenya, or Nigeria. The academy programme is planned to start in January 2024 and end in December 2024.
MultiChoice Talent Factory expects students selected to participate in the MTF academies to be:
- Highly passionate about film and television
- Highly engaged and committed to their work in the academy
- Willing to work at all levels of operation to gain a holistic understanding of a very demanding, highly complex environment
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 14 July 2023
To be eligible to participate in the MTF Academy, applicants must:
- have a qualification from a registered and/or recognized post-secondary education institution or
- have experience in the TV and film industry.
- be between 18-26 years of age;
- be citizens and residents of the countries from which they are selected by MultiChoice to participate in the MTF Academy initiative, namely Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- be fluent in English in terms of speaking, reading and writing;
- demonstrate passion for the drama, film, television and entertainment industry during selection interviews; and
- have completed a relevant qualification from an accredited and/or recognized tertiary education institution
- Fair and reasonable monthly stipend, calculated at industry standards and in line with MultiChoice
- For students who need to relocate, a housing allowance and travel costs will be provided.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Click here to check the official announcement page for more details about the application process.