The OPEC Fund Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) is a structured two-year program designed to prepare young professionals from the OPEC Fund’s member countries for a career in global development.
The program seeks applicants with a passion for and commitment to international development who demonstrate academic excellence and relevant professional experience. We especially want to hear from those with the drive and ambition to help developing countries address their most pressing challenges in the quest for social, environmental and economic progress.
The program equips young professionals with the skills and knowledge to meet the minimum requirements for an entry-level position with the OPEC Fund.
Host: OPEC Fund
Eligible Country: OPEC Fund Countries
Application Closing Date: December 15, 2022.
- The YPDP provides training, coaching, and mentorship, as well as the chance to gain experience in a variety of professional sectors and to connect with other professionals.
- By participating in the YPDP, young professionals will be able to better understand how various departments and organizational divisions contribute to the overall strategic and operational objectives of the OPEC Fund
- Participants in the YPDP will benefit from coaching and mentoring, rotation among other departments, a variety of pertinent learning and development opportunities, and important on-the-job experience.
- Depending on their performance and the company, individuals who complete the two-year program successfully may be given the opportunity to work for the OPEC Fund.
- OPEC Fund Member Country national
- Be 30 years of age or younger at the time of application
- Have obtained at least a Master’s degree from a reputable university
- Excellent Academic performance
- Be fluent in English
- Proficiency in one or more languages is desirable
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Specialize in a field relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations such as Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology, Law, Human Resources, and any other relevant discipline
- Ability to work in a global and culturally diverse institution
- An understanding of the OPEC Fund’s mandate
- Willingness to serve the OPEC Fund, if selected, for a minimum of two years upon completion of the Program
– A YPDP online application form
– A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
– An application essay (in Word or PDF format)
– Academic certificates and transcripts
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.