[Apply Now] 2023 South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Graduate Internship Programme for South Africans
Applications are now open for the 2023 South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Internship Programme for South Africans. The programme offers opportunities for a Data Science track, and graduates will work in a Data Lab environment from time to time, on various use cases.
The SARB serves the economic well-being of South Africans by maintaining price and financial stability. It is responsible for the regulation of the South African financial sector, design, and distribution of banknotes and coins, management of interest rates, setting the cash reserve requirement for banks, and ensuring the stability of both the banking sector and the wider financial system.
The programme is designed for Graduates to be placed in the Business Solutions and Technology Department (BSTD) at the SARB from January to December 2023. During the programme, graduates will attend various learning interventions, including technical training, at the SARB Academy.
Organization: South African Reserve Bank (SARB)
Eligible Country: South Africans
Application Closing Date: 30 October 2022
Prospective candidates must:
- be South African citizens;
- be curious, innovative and self-motivated individuals with strong analytical skills;
- have a proven track record of academic excellence, with an overall average mark of 70% and above;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Coding with R and Python (will be an added advantage).
- To be considered as a SARB Graduate, candidates must have a postgraduate qualification or be in the process of completing a postgraduate qualification (ideally completed the course work) in one of the following fields:
– Data Science
– Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
– Predictive Analytics Modelling
– Applied Mathematics
– Economics with Econometrics
– Business Mathematics and Informatics
- Graduates will receive a market-related salary and additional benefits for the duration of the programme.
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.