The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government as part of the government policy called “Eastern and Southern Opening”. The scholarship program is managed by Tempus Public Foundation.
The core mission of the program is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students. The scholarship program offers both full degree and partial study opportunities in the three-cycle degree structure (bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programmes), mostly in the English language; however, other foreign language study programmes are also available in the framework of the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme. Students can also apply for a one-year Hungarian language preparatory training course, following which they can pursue their higher education studies in the Hungarian language.
Scholarship provider: Hungarian Government
Degree Category: Undergraduate & Postgraduates
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: 15 January 2024
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee.
- Monthly stipend:
- non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly HUF 43 700 contribution to the living expenses, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies,
- doctoral level: monthly HUF 140 000 for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies.
- Accommodation: dormitory placement OR a monthly contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period.
- Medical insurance: health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 100 000 a year/person
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details.