The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) is a Multilateral Financial Institution established for the purposes of financing and promoting intra and extra African trade. The shareholders comprise African governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African private and institutional investors.
The Internship is open to students who are nationals of the Bank’s member countries a list of which is available on the Bank’s website. The programme attracts a lot of highly qualified candidates. Entry into the programme based on merit. The internships are offered for up to a maximum of six months twice a year (June and December). Applications for internship are received throughout the year.
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: On-going
- Students with proven enrollment in full time undergraduate or post graduate study programmes in a recognised institution of learning in the year of the internship are preferred. The Bank will be especially interested in candidates whose field of study is in the following fields: economics, business administration, finance, accounting, social sciences, statistics, law or related fields;
- Nationals of the Bank’s member states;
- Fluency in English or French and a working knowledge of the other. Knowledge of Arabic or Portuguese will be an added advantage; and
- Candidates must be aged between 20 and 32 in the year in which they apply for the internship;
- Any other applicants as may be approved by the President;
- Children of Afreximbank staff are not eligible to participate in this programme.
- Letter of application;
- copy of their current CV;
- copy of valid passport ;
- certified copies of relevant academic certificates;
- recommendation for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending. This should include the proposed period of internship up to a maximum of six months;
- Short Statement of Intent (maximum of 1 A4 page) indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship programme;
- Before commencement, coverage of reasonable return fare transport costs to their internship location using the most economic and direct routing from their institution of learning, in line with the Bank’s travel policy;
- A monthly tax free stipend of USD 800 payable at the end of each month, to help defray living costs;
- Accommodation in a hotel chosen by the Bank (bed and breakfast only) for one week during the induction period, on arrival to the internship location for interns, basing on their previous location;
- Transfer to the hotel on arrival and vice versa on departure at the end of a successful internship programme; and
- Relevant visa for the duration of the internship programme, if so required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Click here to check the official announcement page for more details about the application process.