Africa’s Business Heroes (ABH) is the Jack Ma Foundation’s flagship philanthropic program in Africa to support entrepreneurs. Our mission is to showcase and grow local talent who are creating positive impact in their communities and beyond, and inspire a movement of African entrepreneurship. Over a ten-year period, the program will recognize 100 African entrepreneurs and provide grant funding, training programs, and broader support for the broad African entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The initiative aims to be as inclusive as possible. Applications are open in English and French to entrepreneurs from all African countries, all sectors, and all ages who operate businesses formally registered and headquartered in an African country, and that have a 3 year-track record. Every year, ten finalists will be selected to compete in the ABH grand finale pitch competition and participate in a TV Show that will be broadcast online and across the continent. The finalists compete for a share of US $1.5 million in grant money.
Organizer: Jack Ma Foundation
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: May 12 2023
- Grant funds of up to $300 000
Our Top 10 finalists share a prize pool of $1.5 million in grants ranging from $100,000 to $300,000.
- ABH spotlights talented African entrepreneurs as finalists progress in the competition via press releases, social media, and news articles at every stage of the competition.
- We also provide significant exposure opportunities to the Top 10 finalists via the Africa’s Business Heroes Show, which is distributed across 40+ African countries.
- Access to an exclusive & vibrant entrepreneurship community and network
- Mentorship from business icons
- Targeted and practical training programs
- Finalists are also given the opportunity to access additional programs and services such as investment readiness and management training via our network of partners and judges.
- Insights into your business
- You’re the founder or a co-Founder.
- You’re an African citizen or the direct descendant (child/grand-child) of an African citizen.
- Your company is registered, headquartered and primarily in an African country.
- Your company has market traction and at least 3 years of revenue.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Check the official announcement page for more details about the application process.