[Apply Now] AIMS AI for Science Masters Degree Scholarship for Africans (Fully Funded)
AI for Science is a new stream in AIMS South Africa’s Master’s degree in Mathematical Science, made possible through a partnership with DeepMind. The program sits at the exciting intersection of AI and the Sciences. It is a fully residential one-year taught masters with a research component. Applications are open to students from across Africa who are passionate about mathematics, artificial intelligence and machine learning. We are looking for students who gaze at the stars and the world around them in wonder, and who want to use their talents to accelerate scientific discovery.
A DeepMind donation will fund 40 scholars per year for the next four years. The funding covers full scholarships, equipment and computation costs for students. Our scholars will be DeepMind scholars, and have opportunities to connect with DeepMind’s researchers and engineers for mentoring and support.
Beyond scholarships, the program will draw on DeepMind’s world-leading expertise in AI for Science.
Scholarship provider: AIMS South Africa/DeepMind
Degree Category: Masters
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 8 April 2023
To be eligible to apply for the AI for Science program, you have to:
- be a resident in Africa at time of application,
- be a citizen of any country in Africa,
- have completed a four-year undergraduate degree or a three-year undergraduate degree with an honours year by August 2023
- Your undergraduate degree could be in physics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering or any other discipline with a strong computational and mathematical component
The scholarship covers everything:
- flights to and from South Africa,
- living expenses,
- medical insurance
- costs for running AI experiments and doing research.
- There are also opportunities to connect with DeepMind’s researchers and engineers for mentoring and support.
- Your curriculum vitae
- A motivation letter of around 500 words
- Academic transcripts
- Written mathematics questions (to be found on the application site)
- Coding problem (to be found on the application site)
The online application includes a dozen short mathematics questions and one coding problem. It’s not an exam, but the questions give the selection panel some insight into how you approach problems.
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW