Designed to help you gain in-demand data science and machine learning skills, the ALX Data Science Programme will equip you with the crucial tools and techniques to analyse visual and statistical data, create models, and communicate results to inform data-driven decisions. In addition, you will learn the universal programming language Python and solve real-world problems using machine learning.
This globally-recognised certification will place you at the cutting edge of the digital economy, giving you a competitive advantage in the job market.
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 12 September 2023
What career will this programme prepare me for?
- Data Scientist
- Data Engineer
- Big Data Architect
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer
- Data Management Specialist
- BI Analyst
- Quantitative Analyst
What You’ll Learn
- Understand common data terminology and learn how to define your problems before you tackle them.
- Build dashboards to tell compelling stories with your data.
- Learn Python programming fundamentals: working in notebooks, logic and functions, and data structures.
- Work with SQL to use databases for storing, reading, and updating data.
- Prepare data for modelling, build regression prediction models with Python, and fine-tune them for better results.
- Train and generate predictions from classification models.
- Learn about and implement natural language processing (NLP) techniques.
- Learn how to cluster unstructured data, build recommender systems and get hands-on with dimensionality reduction.
- Receive a Data Science Certification.
- Join our global tech talent community and continue your career journey.
- 14 months, 30-40 hours/week
- Access to a laptop or desktop computer
- Access to a stable internet connection
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Between 18-34 years of age
- Of African origin
- Residing and able to attend in-person act
How to Apply
Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Check the official announcement page for more details about the application process.