[Apply Now] Ashinaga Africa Initiative 2023 Cohort for Young Africans
The Ashinaga Africa Initiative (AAI) is an international leadership program that cultivates the next generation of leaders to contribute to the development of sub-Saharan Africa.
About Ashinaga Africa Initiative 2023 Cohort for Young Africans (AAI)
Ashinaga will select students from each Sub-Saharan African country to participate in a Study Camp in Uganda or Senegal from July to December 2023. Anglophone students will normally attend the Camp in Uganda, with Francophone students attending the Camp in Senegal. During the Study Camp, students are assisted in their academic preparation, university applications (to either Japan, the U.K., the U.S.A., or Europe), career planning and leadership development. After completing the Study Camp, the students will progress to a second camp called Preparation Camp. This happens between April and June 2024. Students prepare for the social, cultural, and academic differences they will discover abroad. Students will then proceed to university in August or September of 2024. All of the costs during both camps are fully covered by Ashinaga.
Organizer: Ashinaga Africa Initiative (AAI)
Category: Training and Scholarship
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 20th of January 2023
The application is open to those who;
- Have lost one or both parents.
- Have completed secondary school and received the results of their national Secondary School examination (technical and vocational degrees not accepted) within the last two years (any date after 2nd August 2020, including all of 2020 and 2021) or will have completed Secondary School and received final exam results before February 28th, 2023.
- Have citizenship and have completed/are completing high school in one of the following countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, CAR, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, DRC, Ethiopia, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Kenya, Kingdom of Eswatini, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Seychelles, Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Were born after 1st September 2000.
- Do not have the means to attend university abroad without external financial support.
- Are proficient in English, French or Portuguese.
- Are regularly ranked in the top 10% of their class during their last 2 or 3 years of secondary school.
- Are able to participate in the two Ashinaga preparatory programs, over the course of one year, before attending university.
- Are committed to return home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contributing to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university.
- Have no dependents who could interfere with academic progress.
- Have a good enough health condition to be able to study abroad.
- The AAI helps students access full financial support to study abroad. The support covers the first possible qualification that can be earned, and the costs of a foundation or preparatory course will also be covered if required.
- Photo or scan of at least one of the following documents; Passport, National ID Card or Birth Certificate
- Photo or scan of your most recent Secondary School Term Report/Transcript
- Photo or scan of your final Secondary School Examination Results Certificate (if applicable)
Application and Selection Process for Ashinaga Africa Initiative 2023 Cohort
Applications are open from 8th August 2022 and all applicants MUST register before the 20th of January 2023. After registration, eligible applicants will be invited to complete the full application form. After reviewing each application, successful applicants will be invited to the Ashinaga Assessment in April 2023 where Ashinaga conducts individual interviews and sets an examination to better understand students’ academic abilities and career goals in Sub-Saharan Africa. Students must bring all original academic documents and identification documents to the interview. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the application process.
Click the Apply Now button below to apply. Visit the official announcement page for more details.