Co-Creation Hub through the program will support 30 student-led innovations in Nigeria, Namibia, and Kenya in an effort to strengthen and accelerate the participation of academic institutions in the emerging innovation ecosystem across Africa. The selected startup teams will benefit from capacity-building sessions to improve on their research-based innovations and build prototypes focused on Greentech and smart city solutions in specific sectors – Agriculture, Energy, Circular Economy, Water, and Healthcare.
Co-Creation Hub will work with six Higher Education institutions in the three chosen countries. The institutions are the University of Ibadan (Nigeria), University of Lagos (Nigeria), University of Namibia (Namibia), Namibia University of Science and Technology (Namibia), Riara University (Kenya), and the University of Nairobi (Kenya).
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 4th of August 2023
- Student: You must be a student of one of the aforementioned universities.
- Degree: You must indicate whether you are studying for a Bachelor’s, Masters or a Doctorate
- Travel: You must be able to travel within your country and abroad, thus having a valid passport by the date of travel.
- Creativity & Innovation: Your idea must be innovative and unique, preferably research-based.
- Viable and Feasible: Your idea must be realistic and logical i.e. solving a specific problem for a niche of customers with a sizeable market size.
- Scope: Your idea must fall within the scope of the challenge as stated in the program overview.
- Team: Ability or skill set to build out the proposed solution.
- Eighteen of these student-led teams who emerge after the pitch demonstration will participate in a knowledge exchange with leading researchers in their fields and get the opportunity to travel to Germany for physical sessions to help to strengthen their prototypes.
- They will then receive funding and advisory services towards building and deploying their MVPs in the marketplace and in partnership with the industry where applicable.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Click here to check the official announcement page for more details about the application process.