Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract brilliant minds from around the world to pursue postgraduate studies in Malaysia. This scholarship is parallel with Malaysia’s aspiration to emerge as one of the global centres of academic excellence by attracting, motivating and retaining talented human capital from abroad.
The MTCP Scholarship is sponsored by the Malaysian government and is dedicated to international students from the developing world to pursue their postgraduate studies in Malaysia, whilst at the same time acquire the necessary knowledge and skills that could contribute to the development of their home country. The duration of the award is between 12 to 24 months for Master’s Degree Programme.
Organizer: Malaysian Government
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: 18th May 2023
Graduates from the recipient countries of MIS 2023 who:
- are citizens from the recipient countries of MIS 2023*;
- Is not more than 40 and 45 years old at the time of application for master’s and PhD levels respectively.
- Possessing good academic qualifications:
i. Master’s applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper (Honours) or higher at Bachelor’s
ii. PhD applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / excellent results at Master’s level in course related to the intended study program
- Mastering good proficiency of English Language:
i. Obtaining band 6.0 or higher in IELTS; or
ii. Obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in TOEFL paper-based test (PBT); or
iii. Has obtained previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instructions
- intend to pursue full-time postgraduate studies (Master’s/PhD) in Malaysia; or
- are currently pursuing full-time postgraduate studies in Malaysian public universities and selected private higher education institutions** with a minimum of two (2) semesters remaining before the end of the study period.
1. Tuition fees for the whole sponsorship period will be paid directly to the university.
2. Monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Check the official announcement page for more details about the application process.