The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) was established in 1980 as Malaysia’s commitment to South-South Cooperation through the sharing of Malaysia’s development experiences and expertise with other developing countries.
The MTCP Scholarship is sponsored by the Malaysian government and is dedicated to international students from the developing world to pursue their postgraduate studies in Malaysia, whilst at the same time acquiring the necessary knowledge and skills that could contribute to the development of their home country. The duration of the award is between 24 to 36 months for Master’s Degree Programme.
Scholarship provider: Malaysian Government
Degree Category: Masters & PhD
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: 30th June 2023.
- Not more than 45 years old at the time of application.
- For Master’s Degree Programme, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or equivalent at the Undergraduate Degree level.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency:
i. Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score 6) or TOEFL internet-based test (minimum total
score of 60); or
ii. Has obtained a previous degree(s) with English used
as the medium of instruction.
- Has an excellent level of health certified by a doctor/physician. The cost of the medical check-up shall be fully borne by the applicant.
- Applicant must undertake full-time study for postgraduate programmes (Master’s Degree) at the selected Malaysian Universities
- Application is only open to applicants who have received a valid admission offer letter/s from at least one (1) university in Malaysia but have not yet started their postgraduate studies or those who have registered for no more than one semester for a Master’s Degree
- Tuition Fees
- Other allowances of RM3,500.00 per month which includes:
• Cost of Living Allowance
• Book Allowance
• Tools Allowance
• House Rental Allowance
• Placement Allowance
• Thesis Allowance
• Travel Allowance
• Practical Training Allowance
• End of Study Allowance
• Medical Allowance
• Insurance Allowance
- One-off return economy-class airline ticket from student’s
closest international airport to Malaysia and back to
student’s home country.
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.