[Apply Now] Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship at University of Birmingham For African Students
The scholarship is provided by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation and is for a two-year programme, with the successful candidate undertaking the full one-year MSc programme, as well as an integrated one-year internship. The internship enables the successful candidate to spend six months with IDD working on research with academics and the GSDRC and then six months with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation in London working alongside the team on a variety of the Foundation’s initiatives that aim to “put governance at the centre of Africa’s development”. This includes participating in the Now Generation Forum, a new forum for African emerging leaders and young professionals as part of the Ibrahim Forum and the Ibrahim Governance Weekend.
Organizer: Mo Ibrahim Foundation
Degree Category: Msc
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 31 March 2023
- A first-class Honours degree or equivalent from an approved university is essential.
- Applicants must be under 30 years of age at the time of applying.
- Good written and spoken English. For those whose first language is not English, evidence of this capacity is required. Applicants should reach at least level 6.5 in the IELTS or 580 /93 for TOEFL. Please check the University website for more information on English language requirements.
- Applicants must be African nationals domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Full tuition fee
- Air fare to and from the United Kingdom and visa
- Monthly stipend of £950 for 18 months
- Arrival allowance of £950
- The remaining six months for the internship will be funded directly to the successful candidate by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
How to Apply
Applications must be received through the University online application system, by 31 March 2023. In addition to the usual documents to be submitted, you must also upload a 500 word statement and CV. This statement should set out why you are the best candidate for the scholarship.
Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Check the official announcement page for more details about the application process.