The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to exceptional student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
Scholarship provider: The Gates Foundation
Degree Category: Undergraduate
Eligible Country: US Citizens
Application Closing Date: Sept 15, 2023
- Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance which includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be:
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
How to Apply for The Gates Scholarship Program 2023 for Undergraduate Students
Interested applicants are to apply via the official application link. Click the Apply Now button below to apply. Visit the official announcement page for more details.