The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) is an African private-sector-led philanthropy in Africa championing entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs across the continent. The Foundation’s long-term investment in empowering African entrepreneurs is emblematic of Tony Elumelu’s philosophy of Africapitalism, which positions Africa’s private sector, and most importantly entrepreneurs, as the catalyst for the social and economic development of the continent.
The Foundation’s flagship initiative, the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, is a 10-year, $100 million commitment to identify, train mentor and fund 10,000 entrepreneurs, capable of changing the face of business across Africa.
Selection of the applicants will take place after applicants successfully completes the TEF Business Management Training Programme.
The programme stages are as follows:
- • Application Phase
- • Training & Mentorship Phase
- • Business Plan Submission Phase
- • Pitching Phase
- • Seed Capital Phase
Organization: Tony Elumelu Foundation
Category: Training, Grant
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 31, March 2023
To be considered for the program, you must meet the following:
- The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is open to Africans from all 54 African countries with scalable business ideas or a business that has been operational for no more than 5 years.
- The Programme is open to entrepreneurs across Africa, both new start-ups and existing young businesses, operating in any sector.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and above.
- All businesses must be business ideas or an early-stage company, in the range of 0 to 5 years old.
- Non-refundable seed funding of $5,000
- A world-class business training for 12 weeks
- Access to TEF Alumni network with over 15,000 entrepreneurs across’ Africa
- Mentoring and networking opportunities via Africa’s largest digital platform for entrepreneurs, TEFConnect.net.
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.