[Apply Now] University of Gondar Ethiopia 2023 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for Africans
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at the University of Gondar will award a total of 160 graduate scholarships for eight years, which started in the 2018/19 Academic year. The scholarship will directly benefit academically talented but disadvantaged youth from five East African countries – Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea , Djibouti and South Sudan. The Graduate Scholars Program is designed to help Scholars to acquire transformational and leadership skills and demonstrate high professional and scholarly competencies to effectively influence global, regional, national and local socioeconomic development trends. The Program is technically and financially supported by Mastercard Foundation and will avail excellent academic and nonacademic support to Scholars during their stay at University of Gondar.
Organizer: Mastercard Foundation
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: Ongoing
Graduate scholarships are open for an applicants who intend to be a full-time student at the University of Gondar. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program awards graduate scholarships for citizens and residents of five East African countries i.e. Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea, Djibouti and South Sudan.
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to their proposed graduate program from recognized University using English as a medium of instruction in the past 5 years with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) at graduation;
- Be citizen and permanent resident of Somalia, Eritrea, South Sudan and Djibouti (and residents of the respective countries for at least five years at the time of their application),
- Youth applicants with disabilities
- Female applicants with economic but have financial difficulty to finance graduate university education;
Graduate applicants must be in or applying to one of the following programs:
- Gender and development studies
- Development and environmental management studies
- Public health
- Special Needs and Inclusive Education”
- Tuition Fee
- Monthly Stipends
How to Apply
Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Click here to check the official announcement page for more details about the application process.