The University of the Western Cape (UWC) South Africa is pleased to announce the launch of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UWC. Launched in 2012, the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is a global initiative designed to develop the next generation of transformative leaders by enabling highly talented, service-oriented young people, primarily young Africans, to pursue their higher education and cultivate their leadership potential.
The University of the Western Cape invites applications for a limited number of master’s degree scholarships from qualifying candidates from South Africa and the African continent who are prepared to register for a full-time master’s degree study in 2023.
Degree Category: Masters
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 24 July, 2023
At the time of application, an applicant must satisfy the following three criteria:
- Be no older than 30 years for the postgraduate master’s degree;
- Meet the University’s minimum admissions requirements (for program-/discipline-specific information, visit www.uwc.ac.za);
- Be prepared to begin their first year of registration for full-time master’s study in 2023.
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- A relevant and recognized education through academic curricula aimed at producing graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognized and locally applicable.
- Academic and peer mentor support – to ensure that each Scholar successfully progresses academically.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Click here to check the official announcement page for more details about the application process.