The Wits-TUB-UNILAG Urban Lab programme supported by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)and German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) seeks to improve graduate education in urban fields across sub-SaharanAfrica.
The scholarships apply to the 1 year full time degree of Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban
Management MUS (UM) at Wits University in Johannesburg, supported by the Wits-TUBUNILAG Urban Lab programme.
The scholarship programme focuses on four innovation areas which address SDG implementation in urban areas:
• Politics and policy of the urban
• Understanding complex urban systems
• Managing change processes
• Co-producing knowledge between theory and practice.
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 30 September 2023
- Citizens from sub-Saharan African countries other than South Africa are legible to apply.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree that is equivalent to a honours degree (NQF level 8) in the South African Qualification System (SAQA). There is no need to apply for SAQA if your bachelor’s degree was obtained in a South African university.
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications for admission into the MUS (UM) and must have applied before 21 July 2023.
- There is no age limit applying to the scholarships for study purposes. However, at the time of the application, no more than 6 years should have passed since an applicant graduated from his/ her previous studies.
- The masters scholarship covers the duration of one academic year. The scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly stipend covering living expenses
- Travel from home country/ place of origin
- Student medical aid (12 months)
How to Apply
Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Click here to check the official announcement page for more details about the application process.