[Apply Now] 2023 Australia Awards Africa Scholarship Program for African Students
The Australia Awards Africa Scholarship program combines Masters, Fellowships and Short Course opportunities to build skills and capabilities in key sectors, thereby contributing to social and economic development outcomes for African nations and the Sustainable Development Goals. Australia Awards directly support Australia’s interests in the security, stability and prosperity of the African continent by strengthening African leadership and skills in fields such as agriculture and food security, climate change and adaptation, renewable energy, mining governance and countering terrorism and violent extremism. We focus on those sectors where Australia and African nations have shared interests and where Australia has world-leading expertise to offer.
Australia Awards scholarships provide citizens of eligible African countries with the opportunity to obtain a Masters degree at an Australian tertiary institution.
Scholarship Sponsor: Australian Government
Degree Category: Masters
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 1 May 2023
- Applications will be open to participants from Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe in the 2024 intake.
- Already hold an undergraduate degree.
- An English language proficiency of at least 6.5 in IELTS with no band less than 6.0 (or 575 in paper based TOEFL or 90 in internet based TOEFL or 61 in PTE Academic). Scores must be valid on 1 January 2024. No other English language test (including TOEFL prediction test) results will be accepted.
- IELTS testing result is not a requirement for applicants if:
• English was the language of instruction for your undergraduate degree, or
• you studied in Australia within the last two-years, or
• you completed over five years of study in one of the following English-speaking countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
Priority fields of study
The priority areas of study for eligible African countries in this application round are:
• Climate change
• Agriculture and food security
• Mining and energy
• Foreign policy and international security
Scholarship recipients will receive:
- return air travel
- a one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- full tuition fees
- contribution to living expenses
- introductory academic program
- overseas student health cover for the duration of the scholarship
- supplementary academic support
- fieldwork allowance for research students and masters by coursework which has a compulsory fieldwork component
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW