There are many funding options available for international students who want to study in the UK. They range from part-funding, for example paying part of your fees, to full-funding which covers programme fees, living expenses, and return flights to the UK.
GREAT Scholarships offer students from 14 countries the opportunity to have £10,000 towards their tuition fees for a wide range of one-year taught postgraduate courses. In the 2023-24 academic year, 200 scholarships are offered by 49 universities across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. GREAT Scholarships are scholarships to UK universities across a variety of subjects, for students from 14 countries. Applications for 2023-24 open October 2022.
Scholarship provider: UK Government
Degree Category: Masters & PhD
Eligible Country: Selected Countries
Application Closing Date: Varies per Institution
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of one of these eligible countries (Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam).
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about their own experience of studying in the UK
- List of Available course, click here
Some of the Available UK Institutions
Oxford Brookes University
University of Bolton
University of East Anglia
University of Essex
Liverpool John Moores University
University of Hull
University of York
The University of St Andrews
University of Kent
University of Westminster
- Each Scholarship worth £10,000 per Student
Follow the following steps to apply for the scholarship.
- On the official scholarship page, click on your country to view the application criteria for your country and the available institutions.
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link to the university’s website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship web pages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.