When you are baptized in the Holy Spirit, you receive a gift from God—the gift of speaking (or praying) in tongues. It is a powerful gift that every believer should desire. Benefits of praying in tongues includes:
- 1. Praying in Tongues Allows You to Speak Directly to God
When you pray in tongues, you are praying God’s will, directly to Him. It allows your mind to get out of the way so your spirit can commune with the Father.
- 2. Praying in Tongues Keeps You in Tune With the Holy Spirit
Tongues is a gift from God. It allows you to pray the will of God by the empowering of the Holy Spirit. When you pray in tongues, you are yielding to the Holy Spirit who dwells in you. Then you are allowing that same Spirit to pray through you, so you are in tune with Him.
- 3. Praying in Tongues Strengthens Your Spirit
Praying in tongues builds you up spiritually and helps you to live a Spirit-led life.
- 4. Praying in Tongues Allows You to Pray Even When You Don’t Know What to Pray
Even when you don’t know how or what to pray, you can still pray…in tongues. You can trust your spirit to pray the perfect will of God, regardless of the situation.
- 5. Praying in Tongues Is a Weapon Against the Work of the Enemy
Praying in tongues is a gift that’s available to every believer. It allows you to pray God’s will to Him. It keeps you in tune with the Holy Spirit and strengthens your spirit as you stand against the work of the devil.
Title: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SPEAKING IN TONGUES
– APOSTLE MICHAEL OROKPO