Download I SHALL NOT WANT by Apostle Joshua Selman (Koinonia 2023)
As a Believer, if you’re limited economically, your dignity and every other part of your life will suffer and the purposes of God concerning your life will be limited.
It is the responsibility of the church to build Believers holistically, first laying emphasis on spiritual growth.
But in addition, it is important that Believers be taught the whole counsel of God, that includes helping them to excel in all facets of life.
One of the potent forces satan is using to attack people in today’s world, is financial hardship.
Financial Prosperity in God’s Kingdom is a combination and an interplay of the following:
1. Laws and Principles.
2. Human Factors (A major determining factor and the reason why the financial prosperity journey seems hard).
3. Divine Empowerment.
4. The Help of God.
Approaching your financial journey with a focus on what to do rather than what you have will likely lead to loss eventually.
There are many Believers who are fighting a mental battle, as to whether or not God intends for them to prosper.
It is inconsistent with the nature and ways of God, for Believers to experience financial hardship. The problems that poor people have, can usually be solved by money.
However, the realm of wealth has its own problems that only God can solve and for most wealthy people, one of their major problems is succession. The devil ensured their children embarked on a path of foolishness.
The starting point of every financial journey is an awareness of the following:
1. It is the will of God for you to prosper.
(Proverbs 10:22, Deuteronomy 8:18, Psalm 35:27, 1Timothy 6:17)
2. Financial prosperity is one of the blessings that come with LOVING and SERVING God.
(Psalm 103:2, Job 36:11)
3. You can have abundant financial resources without knowing or loving The Lord, but the peace and fulfilment that come with these resources, ONLY come from God.
4. Wealth and abundance is a function of laws, human factors, divine empowerment and the help of God.
5. God does not decide who becomes wealthy or who remains poor.
(Deuteronomy 30:15-20, Proverbs 22:2)
6. Kingdom Wealth is not just about being a millionaire or billionaire, but it is about having supplies that empower you, meet your needs, support the kingdom and bless your world.
Many die before their time, because the degree of wealth accumulated, holds no purpose towards kingdom advancement, becoming a blessing to their world nor satisfying their needs.
As a believer, what matters to God is your commitment to principles through diligence, thereby acquiring resources that not only enhance your life but also bring value to your world and contribute to actualizing the programme of God.
Most people experience highs and lows financially, because their wealth is solely economic, lacking spiritual roots.
Title: I SHALL NOT WANT (Koinonia 2023)
– Apostle Joshua Selman