“You have received a spirit of adoption, through which we cry, “Abba Father!” The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ, if only we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him” (Romans 8: 15-17).
Two different spirits. Two different mindsets that we can have in our approach to God: we can approach Him as slaves in bondage, or we can approach Him as adopted children. The Bible presents a high view of adoption and uses it to parallel the relationship God wants to have with us. The spirit of slavery views God has a slave owner and we His trembling subjects. The spirit of adoption views God as a loving Father and we His beloved sons and daughters.
Fully living the spirit of adoption frees us to live with simplicity, trust, and a filial love of God the Father. We begin to “see” the events of daily life and the world differently. In fact, the perspective changes from a natural worldview to a Catholic (universal) Christian worldview. The Spirit cries out with us, “Abba Father” for we know and believe He will provide for us as He does the birds in the sky and the lilies in the field (Matthew 6:25-32).
The Spirit of adoption changes us from fearful slaves to joyful sons and daughters. The Spirit of adoption allows us to “come boldly before the throne of grace” as a beloved child runs to his father in times of trouble. Because of the Spirit of adoption, we can enjoy serving God without fear or obligation.
It gives a tenderness and a devotion to the worship we rightfully owe to God. Worship is not just required because He is our Lord but something that we desire because He is our Father who loves us. Furthermore, we have new eyes with which to see our neighbor as a beloved son and daughter of our Heavenly Father.
Title: The Spirit of Adoption
– Apostle Arome Osayi
Please Report Any Broken Link or Download Difficulties You Experienced to The Admin Via WhatsApp: CLICK HERE. You can also join our Whatsapp Group via the button below this Page.DISCLAIMER: We Do Not Take Credit For Any Of The Materials Featured On this Platform, they remain the properties of the original content creators. Please check our Disclaimer Statement
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DOWNLOAD CHRISTIAN BOOKS FOR FREE
- Download Apostle Joshua Selman Messages
- Download Apostle Arome Osayi Messages
- Download Apostle Michael Orokpo Messages
- Download Bishop David Oyedepo Messages
- Download Pastor Paul Enenche Messages
- Download Pastor Benny Hinn Messages
- Download Pastor Kenneth Hagin Messages
- Download Pastor D. K Olukoya Messages
- Download Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo Messages
- Download Pastor Funke Adejumo Messages
- Download Pastor Praise Fowowe Messages
- Download Olumide Emmanuel Teachings
- Download Bro. Gbile Akanni Messages
- Download Pastor Mensa Otabil Messages
- Download Pastor Jerry Eze Messages
- Download Apostle Johnson Suleman Messages
- Download Pastor Sam Adeyemi Messages
- Download Dr. Mike Murdock Audio Tapes
- Download Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Messages
- Download Dr. Myles Murone Messages
- Download Apostle Ezekiel Adenipekun Sermon
- Download Archbishop Benson Idahosa Messages
- Download Archbishop Duncan Williams Audio Messages