The Scholarship Programme is also a joint effort between IsDB and the Muslim communities, as IsDB engages a national NGO to serve as the Counterpart Organization (CPO) for the programme implementation.
Scholarships are provided for studies at recognized government universities in the students’ own countries. However, for students who are unable to secure admission in their own countries, IsDB may facilitate their placement at universities in member countries that have concluded agreements with IsDB (Malaysia, Morocco and Turkey).
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: Not Stated
- In need of financial assistance without which study may have to stop
- Maximum age of 24 years
- Not an IsDB staff member or Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment (including temporary and consultant) of the IsDB Group nor a close relative by blood or adoption, with the term “close relative” defined as mother, father, sister, half-sister, brother, half-brother, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew;
- Completed senior secondary education (or the equivalent of approximately 12 years of education) with good grades in major science subjects
- Provided evidence of language proficiency in the university medium of instruction as relevant. The language proficiency must be supported by a document or certificate, e.g., for English, by a recognized language certificate such as TOEFL or IELTS or by having passed the required level test conducted such as by the British Council or equivalent system in French or other languages.
- Provided certified English or French translation of all documents in case they are initially in other languages
- Be medically fit and willing to undergo medical examination after selection
- Having secured admission in one of the disciplines covered under the programme at a recognized college or university in their own country is desirable;
- living in a country other than his/her home country.
- Not a beneficiary of any other scholarship at the time of application and during studies.
The programme covers the following items:
- Tuition fees, payable to the universities directly
- Monthly stipend commensurate with the cost of living in the country of study
- Books/clothing allowance, the equivalent of three months monthly stipends, once a year
- Cost of medical treatment (either at the university or local state hospital)
- For students who are selected to study abroad, IsDB also provides return economy class tickets to and from the countries of study (once at the beginning and at the end of study) as well as an installation allowance.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Check the official announcement page for more details about the application process.