The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Cambridge is an initiative with the goal of providing financially supported opportunities for exceptional students from economically marginalized and hard-to-reach areas in Africa to earn their Master’s degrees, develop as transformative leaders, and aid in Africa’s climate resilience and sustainability. In addition to tuition, the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program includes travel and visa expenses, housing, food, a laptop allowance, health insurance, and a living stipend. It also includes a stipend for any children who need to travel with a Scholar.
Because a multimodal approach to climate action and reaction is vital, the Program educates these students in a wide variety of fields, from the creative arts and literature to the social sciences and more technical fields. Mastercard Foundation Scholar applicants are eligible for admission to the vast majority of the University’s degree programs. Because solving the climate catastrophe will involve knowledge from many fields, including science, technology, engineering, and mathematics as well as the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
We are seeking to provide financial assistance to students who are both academically gifted and socially responsible; in particular, we are interested in those who want to play a role in making Africa and the globe more climate-resilient and sustainable. Persons with impairments, refugees, and people of African descent are especially urged to apply. The University welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and identities and actively promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion.
Scholarship provider: Mastercard Foundation
Study Institution: University of Cambridge, UK.
Degree Category: Masters
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 5th of December 2023
- Must be a citizen of an African country* and demonstrate that they are from an economically marginalized, or economically disadvantaged, background.
- Must be ordinarily resident * in an African country unless you can show temporary absence for study/work with an intention to return or unless you have been displaced.**
- Must be applying for a Master’s course of up to one year in length at the University of Cambridge.
- Prospective Scholars can apply across a wide range of disciplines. Exceptions are the Master of Accountancy, Business Administration, Master of Corporate Law, Master of Finance, MASt, MSts.
This is a full-cost award available to Master’s students, covering:
- Tuition fees
- The cost of travel and visas
- Allowance for a laptop
- Health cover
- Living stipend
- It also provides an allowance for dependent children who may accompany a Scholar.
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.