The Mauritian Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science & Technology has announced the opening of applications for the Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme 2023 for African students seeking for undergraduate studies in the Republic of Mauritius.
The Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries
The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as indicated in the table below or the
minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
1 Undergraduate Diploma Three (3) years
2 Undergraduate Degree Four (4) years
Scholarship provider: MauritiusGovernment
Degree Category: Bachelor’s Degree
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 19th May 2023
- Candidates must be resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African
Commonwealth countries. Mauritian nationals and foreign nationals residing in Mauritius are NOT eligible to apply under this Scheme.
- Applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th
birthday by 01 January 2024
- Candidates must have:
(i). A minimum of five (5) credits at School Certificate (S.C), or General Certificate of Education (G.C.E) ‘O’ Level or International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), inclusive of a credit in English Language or acceptable evidence of proficiency in English Language
(ii). Five (5) ‘O’ Level passes awarded by any other approved examination body deemed to be equivalent to (i) above, inclusive of a pass in English Language or acceptable evidence of
proficiency in English Language (as per para 1.3.3 below).
- Self-financing African students already studying in Mauritius will NOT be eligible to apply
for the same programme level under this Scholarship Scheme
- This scholarship provides for annual payment of fees and other studies-related costs (e.g. general/annual fees and miscellaneous fees, etc)
- Total fee payable up to: SADC Countries Local Fees MUR100,000, Non-SADC Countries International Fees MUR160,000
- A monthly living allowance of MUR 14,200 will be paid to awardees as part support to
meet their living expenses. Students are expected to supplement this amount to cover
the cost of living in Mauritius.
- The scholarship also covers a return airfare by the most economical route. This will be
valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the
country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
- Beneficiaries are entitled to free health care in public hospitals in Mauritius
- Scholarships will be renewable on a yearly basis, subject to successful completion of the
previous year of study and subsequent enrolment into the following year
• Completed Application Form
• Certified copy of Birth Certificate
• Certified copy of biodata page of passport
• Certified copies of educational certificates
• Certified copies of transcripts
• Medical certificate
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.