The FIFA World Cup 2022 is scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. This will be the first FIFA World Cup™ to be held in the Middle East and Arab world. Approximately 20,000 volunteers will be at the heart of the tournament’s operations supporting across 45 functional areas in official and non-official sites.
The Qatar FIFA World Cup 2022 Volunteer Programme will combine passionate people from Qatar and around the world with opportunities, skills and tools to support the tournament that permanently moves the needle
The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ takes place from 21 November to 18 December, but some volunteer roles will start from 1 October
Requirements to join the Volunteer Programme
We welcome applications from everyone who wants to volunteer and be part of the incredible volunteer team that will deliver an amazing FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. To join our team, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years of age or older by 1 October 2022 to register yourself. There is no upper age limit.
- It is not necessary to have previous volunteering experience. We welcome applications from people who have never volunteered
- Volunteers are expected to arrange and cover the cost of their accommodation and flight
- You must be able to speak English, as English is the official language of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Volunteer Programme. The ability to speak Arabic or additional languages is an advantage.
- You must be able to commit to a minimum of 10 full days during the tournament.
- Upon completion of your application form, the Volunteer team will guide all potential candidates on their volunteer journey. All candidates must complete every step of the Volunteer Journey to be considered for a role.
- Skills required include communication, leadership, languages and teamwork.
- Volunteers must also be able to speak English, which is the official language of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Volunteer Programme. Some knowledge of Arabic can be an advantage but is not a requirement
Where will Volunteer be located?
Volunteers will support pre-tournament and across the tournament, events, and activities:
- Across 45 Functional Areas.
- Over 30 different roles.
- 8 Stadiums.
- Training Sites.
- +25 other sites, like airport, fan zones, FIFA Fan Fest and hotels.
- Fan services, welcome services at the airport, metro, ports, and wayfinding
- Fan zones
- Training sites for players and referees
- You’ll also gain new skills and meet new people from all over the globe. Volunteers at the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ will also receive limited edition items, such as uniforms.
- Qatar offers visa-free entry for nationals of over 80 countries. Organizers are working with local partners to guarantee entry for volunteers from other countries, but this might vary with each event.
Free transportation within Qatar.
Application and Selection Process
- Interested volunteers are to apply via the official Fifa Volunteer application page. Click the ‘APPLY NOW’ button below to apply.
- The application and selection journey consists of:
– submitting your details on the application form,
– a gamified assessment,
– attending an interview,
– accepting a role offer,
– attending training,
– selecting shifts, collecting accreditation and uniform,
– delivering an amazing tournament
- Visit FIFA Volunteer Helpguides page for more details