The Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) is a programme of the Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation, which is an independent non-profit organisation that improves lives and creates opportunities through education and enterprise development.
About CRET Bursary Programme
CRET has a different approach to the management of its education programme and aims to recruit candidates that would ordinarily be overlooked by other bursary programmes, which may only seek out top academic achievers. This is a bursary scheme that considers the holistic needs of selected student as well as their potential, and with support, nurturing and mentoring, will rise above their circumstances to become future leaders. leadership.
The CRET bursary does not legally obligate bursary recipients to repay the funds invested into their studies upon completion of their desired qualification or failure to complete their studies. A bursary is allocated on a completion date basis but is renewable each year, depending on academic results, commitment to the programme, communication policies, and other criteria which is shared on the successful signing of a bursary contract.
Sponsor: Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation
Eligible Country: South Africans
Deadline: 30th October 2022
CRET Bursary Categories
• University Bursary
• University of Technology Bursary
• TVET Bursary
• CET (skills development) Bursary
Eligibility Criteria for CRET bursary
- CRET bursary is only awarded to South African students residing and studying in accredited South African institutions
- Students in any year of study are eligible to apply.
- Learners, or unemployed youth between the ages of 16 and 27 years, who want to complete a recognised undergraduate, and other qualification, through a recognized South African public institution
- Bursary applicants must already have applied for study at the accredited institution and provide proof thereof, on application
- The applicant should demonstrate good academic, leadership and empathetic ability, with high values and developmental communication skills
- Financial needs analysis – basic household income not exceeding R650 000 per annum.
- All applications for skills development programmes will be considered, depending on the
requirements and decision outcomes by the Bursary Selection Committee.
CRET Bursary Benefits
Since CRET is a bursary programme that considers the holistic needs of the student as well as their potential, each bursary is tailor-made to fulfil the student’s needs. Expenses covered are dependent on need, but may include:
- Books and other learning materials,
- Accommodation expenses and meals,
- A small stipend for living expenses, dependent on other expenses
The allocation to any individual student is capped at a specific value which is discussed with the student prior to the signing of a Bursary Agreement. This agreement is binding for one year.
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.