The Research Training Program (RTP) provides block grants, on a calendar year basis, to higher education providers (HEPs) to support both domestic and overseas students undertaking research doctorate and research masters degrees, known as higher degrees by research (HDRs).
The objectives of the RTP scheme are to:
– provide flexible funding arrangements to support the training of domestic students and overseas students undertaking HDRs at Australian HEPs
– deliver graduates with the skills required to build careers in academia and other sectors of the labour market
– support collaboration between HEPs and industry, and other research end-users
– support overseas students undertaking HDR studies at Australian HEPs.
Organizer: Australian Government
Category: Postgraduates (MSc & PhD)
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: 5th June 2023
Research masters students – period of support
RTP Scholarships are available to domestic and overseas students enrolled in an accredited HDR course at an Australian HEP. RTP Scholarships are available for a maximum period of 2 years for a research masters degree.
Research doctorate students – period of support
RTP Scholarships are available for a research doctorate degree for a minimum of 3 years, up to a maximum of 4 years, at the discretion of the HEP
Students can be offered RTP Scholarships for one or more of the following:
- tuition fees offset
- stipend for general living costs
- allowances related to the ancillary cost of research degrees.
- Available to all International Students willing to study in Australia
- Applicants must be pursuing Master or PhD programs
- Check the full Conditions for the scholarship here.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Check the official announcement page for more details about the application process.