The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) with the WAIGF Team is pleased to announce the call for application for the first West African School on Internet Governance (WASIG) to be held from 22 – 24 May 2023 in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire (Hybrid).
The school is structured as a three (3) day intensive learning program intended to introduce participants to Internet governance (IG) from the global and West African perspectives. The format will include fireside discussions with experts in the field and participation in the Policy and Regulation Initiative for Digital Africa’s (PRIDA) virtual training platform. Certificates will be issued to participants who successfully complete the training.
Eligible Country: West Africans
Application Closing Date: 31st March, 2023
- Prospective candidates should ideally be involved as key actors or decision-makers in Internet governance or ICT policy processes.
- They should also be able to contribute now or soon to IG activities or/and processes within their institutions, countries, continent and globally.
- Candidates should be from all stakeholder groups including:
- Youth and Women groups
- Civil society
- Private Sector
- Government offices and Regulatory agencies
- Security and Defence forces
- Academia and technical community
- Archives, Libraries, and Documentation centers
- West African regional institutions, etc
- Intensive training
- Certificates will be issued to participants who successfully complete the training
How to Apply
Interested applicants must read the full details about the program before proceeding to the application page. Check the official announcement page for more details about the application process.