2023/2024 Federal Government Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students
2023 Federal Government Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students
The Federal Government of Nigeria through the Ministry of Education has announced the 2023/2024 Federal Government Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students through the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) for:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Hungary, Egypt, and Venezuela;
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, and Romania.
Scholarship provider: Federal Government of Nigeria
Degree Category: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Eligible Country: Nigerians
Application Closing Date: 16th January 2023.
A. UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS:
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Seven (7) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2021 & 2022) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2022) only.
- Age limit is from 17 to 20 years.
B. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS:
- All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
Field of Study
- Undergraduate level
– Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), Pilot Engineering, Neurologist,
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
All Applicants are to upload the following certificates online;
a. UNDERGRADUATE (UG):
b. POSTGRADUATE (PG):
– 1st Degree Certificate, Masters Degree WAEC/WASSCE
– Indigine letter & NYSC discharge Certificate.
– Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
– Data page of the current International passport;
– Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
– Birth Certificate & Indigene letter
– Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.